We're looking for a
Senior Accountant - Revenue
- Ensure revenue is booked accurately and in accordance to SEC and GAAP guidelines under ASU 2009-13, formerly EITF 08-1, Revenue Arrangements with Multiple Deliverables.
- Ensure compliance to company's revenue recognition policies.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly close process primarily related to revenue, deferred revenue, and accounts receivable.
- Assist in producing insightful financial analyses and reports on a regular and ad hoc basis for executive and functional management teams, as well as the board and investors.
- Review, analyze, and interpret customer agreements to evaluate and identify potential revenue recognition issues prior to order processing.
- Analyze current internal business processes and improve efficiency through implementation of new processes and possibly software automation tools.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Strong technical accounting and research skills.
- 3-4 years of accounting related experience since graduation. Combination of public accounting and software industry experience is highly preferred. Straight public candidates with significant experience working with software or similar industry are considered.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to work independently and a team player.
- Proven experience working in a team under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills are preferred.
- Knowledge of NetSuite or another accounting system is a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.