We're looking for a
Senior Network Engineer
You will research and resolve complex problems encountered during the installation and operation of Cornerstone’s software applications in our high availability data center. This position requires a talented individual that excels in customer service, network support and comprehensive problem analysis.
You will work with the latest network technologies in a fast-paced, interactive environment. Our technology environment consists of Windows Servers, Blade Servers, Active Directory (AD), SQL Server, VPN, DNS, FTP, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balances, .Net and SQL. This position includes responsibility for all network infrastructure, disaster recovery planning and network security practices.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the architecture, security, and recoverability of the data center network server hardware, operating systems, related applications, and infrastructure including Wide Area Networks (WAN) and all data communications. You must be able to think creatively and work independently, presenting creative solutions to difficult networking problems.
· Designs and architects robust, highly-available, high performance data center network infrastructure involving multiple distributed systems
· Specific responsibilities include configuration, administration, upgrade and maintenance network switches, routers hubs, load balancers and firewalls
· Monitor and manage network security, traffic, and performance
· Requires continual emergency on-call status involving software, hardware and communications systems
· Develop and drive documentation of Standard Operating Procedure documents
· Establishment of enterprise data network standards taking into account various in-flight initiatives
· Configure and maintain Cisco Routers & Switches
· Experience with DNS, & DHCP
· In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
· Must have good troubleshooting skills (net. device and system level)
· Thorough understanding of network security aspects, common problems and solutions (ACL, firewall filtering, and VPN)
· Experience with network change management control tools and policies.
· Experience with several Network Monitoring and other network administration tools: Nagios, Cacti, NetIQ and SolarWinds Orion
Required Skills and Experience
· BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with an IT focus is preferred or equivalent by experience.
· Proven experience in delivering network services and solutions. CCNP or CCDP required, CCIE preferred.
· 5 - 10 years of network engineering or data center support experience
· Thorough knowledge of industry best-practices/standards
· Professional level understanding of routing protocols, including OSPF, BGP, EIGRP In-depth knowledge of Layer 3 switching, including 45XX and 65XX switches, Nexus, ASA Firewall, Unified Communications Manager, MPLS, VLANs, TCP/IP, and Load Balancing technologies
· 3 years’ experience with two or more of the following: Cisco routers and switches, Palo Alto firewalls, Silver Peak WAN accelerators, Brocade switches, A10 load balancers and Aruba AP’s
· Experience supporting and moving a data center preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Team Leader and Team player
· Dependable and Flexible
· Deep analytical, interpersonal, organizational, communication & problem-solving skills
· Virtualization experience
· Development of a global network technology roadmap and the establishment of reference architectures and standards
· Must have extensive experience building scalable, highly available, mission critical network infrastructures
· Expert knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP protocol, IP Addressing (DHCP, NAT, etc...).
· Extensive design experience in the following technologies: OSPF, BGP, HSRP, VRRP, MPLS, VLAN/Trunking, QoS, GSLB, IDS.
· Deep knowledge of firewall architecture (hardware - ASA/PIX/FWSM/ACL/Proxy).
· Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n.
· SOX compliance experience as it relates to network security.
· ITIL Certification a plus
· 100% free healthcare
· 401k match
· Continuing education reimbursement
· Stock options
· Unlimited vacation days
· Paid sabbaticals
· Optional Cornerstone sponsored community service/volunteer days
· Top-of-the-line Mac computers with latest programs
· Free lunch Fridays, free breakfast every day, free drinks and snacks all the time
· Pingpong table, movie theatre, chess set, meditation room, exercise gym room
· Departmental and company offsite trips
· Company events: beach days, happy hours, anniversary party
· Company sports teams: basketball, kickball, marathon runners
· Free Cornerstone t-shirts and other swag
· Extremely smart fellow employees, with an equally awesome CEO (great leaders rock!)
About Cornerstone OnDemand:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD) is a global leader of cloud-based talent management software solutions. More than 13 million users across 190 countries rely on Cornerstone to maximize their potential, develop their skills and foster new levels of collaboration. Cornerstone empowers some of the world’s leading organizations, such as Starwood Hotels & Resorts, The Neiman Marcus Group, Save the Children, Turner Broadcasting System, Virgin Media and Pinkberry, to engage their workforces and leverage people performance for greater business results. Cornerstone is headquartered in Santa Monica, California with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Tel Aviv and Mumbai.