We're looking for a
Senior Accountant - Revenue (Santa Monica, CA)
This is a strategic leadership position for the revenue team and has VERY high visibility within the Company. The candidate will be a key contributor and initially manage one staff. The team will grow. There are wide varying departmental goals and objectives and the opportunity to lead multiple projects including process improvements. This person will assist and be responsible for accounting and finance related functions such as, revenue recognition, monthly close, audit support, forecasting etc.
We are looking for someone who is honest, hardworking, and able to interact with management, including the Controller, VP Finance, and CFO on a daily/regular basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, dependable, and able to have fun. We provide an attractive environment for career advancement in a fast growing company.
The opportunity for the right motivated and career focused individual will be to grow with our company into a manager position and continue to achieve a director position; all in a public company accounting/finance department. The right candidate will have the opportunity to play a senior role in the automation and scaling of very complex global accounting processes for a public company. In addition, the Company is growing at one of the fastest rates of any software company in the world. This growth creates tremendous opportunities for the right candidate. The experience obtained in this position is required for any public company Controller or VP Finance position.
- Ensure revenue is booked accurately and in accordance to SEC and GAAP guidelines under ASU 2009-13, formerly EITF 08-1, Revenue Arrangements with Multiple Deliverables.
- Ensure compliance to company's revenue recognition policies.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly close process primarily related to revenue, deferred revenue, and accounts receivable.
- Assist in producing insightful financial analyses and reports on a regular and ad hoc basis for executive and functional management teams, as well as the board and investors.
- Review, analyze, and interpret customer agreements to evaluate and identify potential revenue recognition issues prior to order processing.
- Analyze current internal business processes and improve efficiency through implementation of new processes and possibly software automation tools.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Strong technical accounting and research skills required.
- 3 years of accounting related experience since graduation required. Combination of public accounting and software industry experience is highly preferred. Straight public candidates with significant experience working with software or similar industry are considered. Big4 experience is highly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to work independently and a team player.
- Proven experience working in a team under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills are preferred, Intermediate required.
- Knowledge of NetSuite or another accounting system is a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.